History

For more than a century, Butler Funeral Homes & Cremation Tribute Center has been providing the community with professional and compassionate funeral services.

Kirlin-Egan & Butler Funeral Home & Cremation Tribute Center has been a part of the Springfield community since 1893, when founders Ben Kirlin and Ed Egan merged their funeral home and livery services. Following the deaths of Ben Kirlin and Ed Egan, the funeral home was operated by Mary Kirlin. Longtime employee Harold Butler assumed ownership of the firm in 1940. He made additions to the east and north side of the old mansion during the 1950's. Harold died in 1963, and on January 1, 1965, John B. "Jack" Butler, Jerome J. "Jerry" Butler, Leonard J. Berry, and John J. McCarthy purchased the firm. Jack and Jerry were nephews of Harold Butler. John McCarthy died in 1966. Jack and Jerry became sole owners of the firm in 1970, and the Butler family name was added in 1972. Former owner, longtime employee, and friend Leonard Berry retired in 1974. Jack's son Chris, a third generation of the Butler family, joined the firm in 1990. Jerry Butler retired in 1993. Jack and Chris Butler CFSP carry on the family tradition of service today with a staff of professional funeral directors who have dedicated themselves to the ideals of the funeral service profession.

McCullough-Delaney & Butler Funeral Home was purchased in 2005. The Butler family is proud to be continuing the legacy of excellent service the McCullough and Delaney families have provided the New Berlin area since 1947.

Family owned and operated, we remain dedicated to serving families of all faiths with dignity and respect.

 

e-mail:

» Privacy Policy

© Copyright 2008 Butler Funeral Homes & Cremation Tribute Center and FuneralNet®

Roselawn Memorial Park
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.
CLOSE THIS WINDOW Do Not Show This Survey Window Again