Quote: It is an important day when we stop to bear witness to a person's life and times among us.
What is a Celebrant?
A Celebrant is a person who is trained and certified to meet the needs of families during their time of loss. A Celebrant creates a personalized tribute ceremony to reflect the personality and life story of the deceased.
A Celebrant establishes the significance of a person’s life and the profound affect that person had on the lives of others.
A meaningful ceremony performed by a Celebrant recognizes that significance and helps families and friends move forward on their grief journey knowing that their loved one has been truly honored.
What does a Certified Celebrant offer you and your family?
- Our Certified Celebrants have been specifically trained to design a ceremony that is completely personal incorporating those unique stories, memories, songs and other tributes that defined your loved one’s life.
- Our Certified Celebrants will schedule a special family meeting for those closest to your loved one to share their memories—making the essence of the tribute ceremony based upon the remembrances of you and your family and friends.
- Our Certified Celebrants have a library of resources available for readings, special music, ceremonies, and personal touches and will consult with you and your family to help design a ceremony that best reflects and memorializes the life of your loved one.
- Our Certified Celebrants offer an alternative to a ceremony provided by a clergy person for families who are not affiliated with a church or who simply do not wish to have a traditional religious service. If a religious ceremony is preferred, our Certified Celebrant is available to compliment the ceremony by assisting your clergy person in personalizing the tribute, according to your church’s guidelines.
- Our Certified Celebrants will coordinate the elements of the ceremony with the funeral home and will make special requests and suggestions to the funeral director on your behalf.
- Our Certified Celebrants are bound by a Code of Ethics to ensure confidentiality.
Why choose a Certified Celebrant?
The comprehensive training for Certified Celebrants assures your family that they are being served by someone who understands the process and who is prepared to offer the very best uniquely personalized tribute ceremony possible.
Can our family and friends participate in the ceremony?
Our Certified Celebrant will set a time to meet with you and any family members and friends that you would like to be present, to listen to your stories and memories of your loved one. The intent is that this time together will be a dynamic and healing experience. During this meeting, our Celebrant will guide you in choosing any special music, readings, poems, prayers or other tributes that you may want to be included in the ceremony and in contemplating the ceremonies and rituals that will be appropriate in reflecting the personality and lifestyle of your loved one.
Can we confirm a Celebrant’s credentials?
Yes. Contact the In-Sight Institute at 1-800-658-9262 or view online at www.InsightBooks.com.
Meet our on-staff Celebrant
Judy Woerner is one of six Certified Celebrants on the staff at Butler Funeral Homes & Cremation Tribute Center She received her training and certification from the In-Sight Institute and has provided Celebrant Services to numerous families. Judy is available to assist families at any Butler organization, including Kirlin-Egan & Butler Funeral Home, McCullough-Delaney & Butler Funeral Home, and Roselawn Memorial Park.
Together, we will create a beautifully personal ceremony, celebrating the life and legacy of your loved one.